Manuscript Chop Shop Revisited

This post is a followup on my previous post Manuscript Chop Shop where the company GreatSite.com is selling individual leaves of 1611 King James Bibles.

Since I sent my previous email, I came across a rather difficult to find nook of their website which claimed the following:

"PLEASE NOTE: We do not tear apart Bibles to sell them by the leaf. In fact, we are the largest RESTORERS of ancient Bibles in the world. We buy “leaf fragments” and use the leaves to complete ancient Bibles that were not complete. The leaves that are then LEFT OVER from this restoration process are sold by the leaf. Our leaves are therefore a by-product of Bible restoration, and NEVER a product of Bible destruction."

However I could not find any evidence of this or further explanation anywhere else on the site. So, I emailed them again:

To whom it may concern,


It appears that I have overlooked a box on your website that states the following:

"PLEASE NOTE: We do not tear apart Bibles to sell them by the leaf. In fact, we are the largest RESTORERS of ancient Bibles in the world. We buy “leaf fragments” and use the leaves to complete ancient Bibles that were not complete. The leaves that are then LEFT OVER from this restoration process are sold by the leaf. Our leaves are therefore a by-product of Bible restoration, and NEVER a product of Bible destruction." - http://www.greatsite.com/ancient-rare-bible-leaves/leaf-overview.html

Is there documented evidence of this that I may view?

Peace,
--
Steve Caruso
"Chief Executive Artisan," Aramaic Designs
http://www.AramaicDesigns.com

I did not expect to get a reply so soon... and boy, was the man -personally- insulting:

Steve,

Who the hell do you think you are to threaten me?

Our website CLEARLY explains that we are the world's largest RESTORERS of ancient Biblical texts, and that the leaves we sell are the by-product of the fragments left over from the RESTORATIVE proccess, and they are NEVER the product of dustruction of anything.

These left-over leaves, rather than being DISCARDED, are made available individually so that MANY MORE people can come to appreciate the beauty and wonder of these precious historical treasures.

Now, you have the audacity to THREATEN me with reporting me to the "American Library Association" unless I take my valuable time to provide you with some sort of documented PROOF that the claims we have made are true? I am supposed to assemble for you a package a materials that document the fact that our leaves are really the byproduct of restoration?

HOW exactly am I supposed to do something like that?

And just to be clear... if I don't take a couple hours of my time to do it for you... the threat is that you will report me to some organization that I have never heard of... an organization that has ZERO purview over me and ZERO authority over me and my business?

Oh.... I'm shaking in my boots over here!

How dare you approach me on these terms!

Crawl back into your hole with your homosexual "ALA" buddies.
You want to threaten me, asshole?
Come meet with me in person.
You don't even have the courage to include your
phone number in your emails.

I'm not going to provide you with any proof of any thing,
you arrogant, elitist, little academic shit of a man.

Go away.

"Peace"... yeah... I'll give you a peice.

John
WWW.GREATSITE.COM

Wow.... I really don't care what he called me, but 'homosexual "ALA" buddies'? "Some organization that I have never heard of"? The American Library Association is the largest, oldest, and most well-known library association in the world, and this company that claims it is the largest preserver and collector of ancient Bible texts has no idea about it. They -have- to have worked with a library somewhere in their career. :-)

I wonder what the members of the ALA will have to say about this?

I'll try sending one more email to try and clear things up, but if this becomes a lost cause, I think I'll have to bring this to their attention.

--Steve Caruso

Labels: